Anyone with latency issues can try running this simple program to tune up their internet connection.
1. Go to www.speedtest.net, click begin test, and remember your download speed.
2. After downloading, run TCPOptimizer.exe.
3. Choose your maximum Connection Speed (download speed from the speed test) from the slider bar at the top.
4. Choose your Network Interface from the Network Adapter selection drop down menu, or check to Modify All Network Adapters.
5. Pick "Optimal settings" from the radio-buttons near the bottom of the program.
6. Click on the "Apply changes" button and reboot.